Residency Program Design and Conduct (RPDC) Workshops
Thursday, October 17, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Continental breakfast, lunch and break are included. $410 (full-day)
Note: CE credit will not be offered for any workshop
- PGY1 New Programs – Capacity: 80
- PGY1 Existing Programs – Capacity: 100
- PGY2 New and Existing Programs – Capacity: 100
- PGY1 Community-Based Programs – Capacity: 25
The workshop will review accreditation standards for the design and conduct of a pharmacy residency program, including requirements related to program purpose, competency areas, goals and objectives, program structure, learning experiences, orientation, use of preceptor roles, evaluation, resident development plans, and continuous residency program improvement. Participants may bring materials from their program for review during the workshop. Take advantage of the opportunity to get your questions answered and share ideas with your fellow participants.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and competency areas for a pharmacy residency and related accreditation requirements.
- Describe accreditation requirements for residency program structure and orientation.
- Describe accreditation requirements for learning experiences and their written descriptions, including requirements for resident learning activities.
- In specified scenarios, identify the most appropriate preceptor role to use with a resident.
- Distinguish whether examples of formative and summative feedback to residents meet accreditation requirements.
- In given examples, determine whether portions of resident development plans meet accreditation requirements, and identify ways to improve the plans.
- Describe accreditation requirements for continuous residency program improvement.